Competition Rules and Regulations
• Juries (at least 3 members) will independently evaluate submitted video links and vote.
• The judging panel for our competition is selected solely by Ise-Shima Art Committee and their decisions are final.
• A piece might not be performed from memory.
• Competition Jury may stop a performance if the allotted time has expired or for any other appropriate reason.
• Application of the Competition constitutes acceptance by the contestant of all published rules, regulations and procedures.
• By submitting an entry to this competition, applicant agree that, if a performance by an applicant is selected by Ise-Shima Art Foundation as a winning performance, the applicant gives Ise-Shima Art Committee worldwide rights to use the applicant’s video.
• Application Fee – A non-refundable payment of $40 US Dollars must be paid via PayPal.
• Proof of payment must be submitted through the application form.
• One color, high-quality portrait headshot (possibly taken by phone). Photos must be high-resolution.
• Ise-Shima Art Committee reserves the right, in conjunction with the Competition judge, not to award the prizes, to change the regulation, or to reduce or split the prize money if, in their opinion, such action is
justified for any reason. The prize money is generated entirely through entry fees and may be reduced if an insufficient number of entries is received.
• Competition prize winners will be notified by email.
• Result will be published on our website: http://www.iseshimaspring.com/musiccompetition2.html
One piece freely chosen by an applicant, no longer than 20 minutes and no shorter than 6 minutes in total, composed by any composers. The repertoire might not contain complete works. Large pieces may excerpt movements or suites.
Recorded performance (possibly by phone or video camera) must be submitted by video links inYoutube / Vimeo.
• Selection will be primarily based on the video performance. Therefore, the video quality has to be high..
• At least, please use a recently released phone to record the video and to take profile picture.
• The uploaded link has to be accessible. Please be sure that the privacy setting in Youtube or Vimeo is
public or unlisted (desirably UNLISTED) for juries to watch, but not private.
• The performer’s face, arms, hands must be seen in the video.
• Videos with edits or cuts will not be accepted.
• Incomplete or poor quality videos will be rejected.
• 1st Prize - $2,000 and certificate
• 2nd Prize - $500 and certificate
• 3rd Prize - $200 and certificate
• 50 Honorable Mentions – certificates